International organizations are an important and unique part of the labor market in developing countries. Birches Group has extensive experience working with this sector. Our clients include many of the largest multi-lateral organizations, including:
- Development banks and other international finance institutions;
- International development agencies; and
- Technical and research organizations.
We provide salary survey data to international organizations in all of our survey locations. In addition, our consulting practice includes organization reviews, expatriate compensation policy work, general HR policy consulting, job evaluation, salary scale development, compensation policy work, competency models and performance management.
Our founders worked as HR practitioners in the world’s largest multi-lateral organization, and have a deep understanding of how these institutions operate, including working with Staff Unions, Boards and Representatives of Member States.
Examples of large-scale consulting projects for international organizations include:
- Development of a compensation and reward framework for a large regional development bank, including benchmarking of their international staff and national staff in each field location, and creation of salary scales for each office
- Review and updating of HR policies for a regional organization in Southeast Asia
- Compensation review for a leading agricultural research group in East Africa
- Competency framework and career pathing tools for a European-headquartered organization expanding their presence in the field
- Review of job descriptions and full job evaluation for Secretariat focused on scientific research activities in the developing world
- Review of Salary Structure, Promotion and Performance Recognition Systems for a European-based organization working to promote democracy